Journal of Disaster Research (JDR)
◆ Single-blinded Reviewing
The review process for ICIST 2023 will be single-blind, i.e., reviewers will know the authors’ identity.
Therefore, authors’ names and affiliations should be included in the submitted paper.
◆ ICIST 2023 Author Guidelines for Publication in JDR
Before submitting a manuscript to the journal, authors must ensure that they have read and are compliant with Author Guidelines.
Submissions that do not adhere to these guidelines will be returned to the authors.
- All manuscripts must be submitted through the EDAS submission system (EDAS Link). The manuscripts should be prepared in LaTeX or Microsoft Word format based on the template file.
- The article must fall within the scientific scope of JDR.
- Authors warrant that their submitted manuscript has not been previously published (in part or in whole, in any language), is not in press, and has not been simultaneously submitted for publication elsewhere.
- The journal uses the iThenticate system via Crossref’s Crosscheck service to screen manuscripts for unoriginal content. Any manuscript with an unacceptable level of unoriginal material may be rejected or retracted at the editors’ discretion.
- The article should be written in English. The length of submitted paper is at least 6 pages and no longer than 10 pages. An additional fee will be charged for papers exceeding 10 pages.
- Each article should consist of: Title, Authors’ full names, Affiliations, Abstract, Keywords, Main text, References, and Figures/Tables.
The title should describe the content of the article concisely and clearly to facilitate searching by third-party services.
Provide the full names of the author(s).
Provide the full names and addresses of institutions (including laboratory, department, institute and/or university, city, state and country).
A maximum of five keywords should be provided.
Abstracts should be 200–250 words and must not exceed 4,000 characters (including spaces).
The journal uses a modified Vancouver reference style. Articles, chapters published in journals, preprints, books, and other formats such as technical reports, patents, websites, and lectures must be fully referenced in the References section.
A title and caption must be provided above each table. The caption should be brief, but informative, complete and clear.
A title and caption must be provided below each figure. Figure captions should include enough experimental or other detail to make the figures easily interpretable.
- When a manuscript is accepted, authors must submit the final manuscript files and required materials to the Editorial Office via e-mail. Full instructions will be provided in the notification of acceptance.
- An author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference and present the paper at the conference physically or online. The registration fee covers publication and conference costs (Registration link).
- JDR will publish the accepted and presented papers of ICIST 2023 in a regular publication.
- The submitted article will be published in Regular Issue 2024.